Followers

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Unexpected Artistic Breakdown

The day I am suppose to take my work to Art in the Park to show...
I pull out my old charcoals- the one's on here that are from highschool-
and realize...
this is shit.
Well okay not shit. But I used to worship these drawings- think I had skill, talent and- what the heck was i thinking??? no wonder I didn't make it into shows and such!
So why didn't I see that earlier on???
It's funny that you know when you've progressed- and your so estatic about your newest piece of art.
But then a ways down the road you've accelled and see the piece you made last year and think...
wow.
You can really see your progress!
And thank the lord for moms, who even told me how mature that is...
thanks mom cause this means I have very few things to show in the show thats happening tomorrow!!
But..That means I know what looks right- and that my art is progressing?? or at least changing..
I hope progressing!
So..after the artsy enlightenment of art in the park-
I need to create for myself. I need to keep doing it. And I can't stop- even if i feel that it looks like crap. All the crap builds up to the moment where it all makes sense.
(at least..thats how my cousin explained it more formally once)
As a women told me this weekend, this is the time to enjoy, explore and have fun with the process.
So..I better get on it;)

No comments:

Post a Comment