Followers

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

dRaWiNg oNe

 These are all charcoal drawings. All of these were completed within the first semester  of my drawing 1 class at WSU! (Aug- Dec 2011)




"Still Life #3"
This was done with the subractive method. I smeared charcoal all over the sheet of paper and then erased out the highlights and went back in with charcoal to render the objects.

"Still Life #2"
This was my second still life that I worked with white conte and pastel to render the objects with the highlights first. I used a black sheet of paper to act as the darkest spots and just drew the highlights.

"Still Life #1"
This was the first life drawing Jodi made us do for our class. I used a blue tinted sheet of paper and white pastel and conte to render the objects. It was really tricky at first to work backwords, drawing the highlights first and letting the dark shadows only be the paper.


"Dancing Ballerina"
This was an assignment in Drawing 1. We had to capture, or imply movement within a figure either usuing erasing methods or a cubism approach. So I chose to take three ballerina positions and blend them together drawing out each position of the balletina to capture her movement throughout her turn.

Eh. the very last still life in the class that had to be completed within the class. I don't like it very much...
We we required to do 5 sketches a week- sometimes themed. And one week the theme was to draw a sheet, gestural and capture the fabric.
This is one of the sketches...obviously..

Another sketchbook drawing

Another sketchbook drawing


No comments:

Post a Comment